The lack of sound during an online conference is a fairly common situation. Every Zoom user can experience this problem. In the vast majority of cases, fixing the problem is quite simple. The app works in such a way that when the user logs in to the conference, no one can hear them, but they connect to the audio chat first. Let’s talk about this in more detail.
If you use a computer to communicate with Zoom, you need to do the following:
- move the cursor to the left window of the app so that the controls are visible
- find the button called “Log in to audio conference” in the bottom left corner.
- click on it
- a window opens in which you should click on the inscription “log in using…”.
- check whether the microphone is turned on correctly
- below are instructions for tablets and smartphones:
- tap on the display in the mobile app and wait for the controls to appear
- click on the “connect sound” icon»
- a new window will appear in which you need to find the “call using…” button.
- make sure the microphone is active.
The functionality of the program allows you to configure it so that the user will connect to the conversation automatically at the time of entering it. We discussed how to do this in a separate article.
How to solve a problem
Sometimes the instructions described above do not help, and despite all the efforts, there is no sound. In this case, the cause of the malfunction lies in the PC. The same applies to situations where there is no sound while using Zoom on a mobile device.
First of all, you need to find the cause of the problem, and only then fix it.
If the work is done via a PC, there may be incorrect settings, if via a smartphone-the required permissions are often missing, although other problems may occur.
Problems with sound in “Zoom” when you can’t hear the other person, we have discussed in detail in a separate article.