Mobile devices from Apple are perfect for establishing video communication through the Zoom service. The camera in smartphones of this manufacturer is excellent, the microphone is also above all praise, and it is easy to download the Zoom app for free in the official App Store. After installing the program, the user can immediately join online conversations, and after the registration procedure, they will be able to create their own conferences.
The topic of our today’s article will be using the Zoom conference via iPhone.
The article is divided into thematic sections: installing the program, registering, joining an online conference, creating your own event. To learn all the nuances of using the app on Apple smartphones, we recommend that you study the entire material.
Part #1. Program installation
You can install apps for IPhones using the App Store.
- Log in to the App Store from your mobile device
- Open the tab bar, which is located at the bottom of the display, open «Search»
- Activate the search bar
- Enter the appropriate search query-the name of the app. It is better to do this in English.
- Wait for the issue and go to Zoom
- Start and confirm the installation, which can last from 1 to 3 minutes.
- Tap on the corresponding button to start the program.
It is important to note that after the installation is completed, the application icon should appear on the smartphone’s desktop for its prompt launch in the future.
Part #2. Creating an account on the site
If the use of Zoom on iPhone will be limited exclusively to participation in conferences created by other users, the registration procedure in the service is optional. Let’s talk about the opportunities provided by having your own account on the site:
- Organizing online events and inviting participants to them.
- Detailed profile settings (changing the phone number, changing the status, avatar, etc.).
- Many detailed settings.
- Sync contacts with the phone book on your mobile device.
Creating an account in Zoom. Step-by-step recommendations
- Go to the main page and tap on the «Register» button
- Open a questionnaire, which should specify the date of birth
- Enter the user’s email address and full name
- Confirm your registration by clicking on the link that will be sent in the email from Zoom. Often such emails are spam, so if you don’t have the required correspondence in your Inbox for a long time, it is advisable to check another folder.
- The browser opens a page where you should first select « No «and then click»Continue».
- Create and confirm a strong password.
- A page opens where you need to tap on the «Skip» button»
- Go back to the Zoom app, where you can click on «Log in» and enter the username and password required for authorization in the field that opens.
The system will offer to connect Touch ID or Face ID, which will simplify access to the program. Here, each user chooses whether to accept or reject the offer.
Part #3. Join an online conference created by another user
There are 2 ways to connect to the conference in Zoom:
by clicking on the link received from the organizer or another participant,
using your ID and password.
The first way
- Open the link you received in a convenient way using any Internet browser installed on your device.
- Confirm the program launch by clicking the appropriate button.
- Wait for it to open.
- Enter the user name that will be available to all participants.
- Tap on the confirmation button.
- Wait for the connection.
The second way
- Run the «Zoom» on a mobile device
- On the login page, click «Log in to the conference» or «log In» if you have already logged in to your account.
- Enter the conference ID in the first field.
- Enter the user name below.
- If necessary, turn off the video or sound.
- Click the connect button.
- Enter the password if it was not disabled by the event organizer.
- Wait for permission to connect if the waiting room is enabled.
There are often cases when during the first connection to the conference, the user does not hear or see other participants of the event, and they do not see or hear him. The problem is solved in a few simple steps. First, click on «connect» (the button is located in the lower left corner), then tap on the label in the pop-up window. In theory, the sound should appear.
To turn off the camera or microphone, click on the buttons shown in the picture below.
Moving your finger across the screen to the right turns on safe mode.
In the upper-left corner are the camera and speaker icons. The first allows you to switch between the front and main cameras, the second silences the sound.
Tap on the button labeled «Sharing» to share any important information with conference participants – pictures, videos, graphs, etc.
With the correct app settings, it will be as comfortable as possible to use it, so a careful study of our material will be useful in any case.
Part #4. Creating your own online conference
To get the opportunity to create your own online conference, you need to register on the site (as we described above) and log in to your account. This will make additional features available.
In the main application window, click on the «New conference» button.
Complete the required settings and click «Start». The online event will start immediately after the connection is completed. The final stage is to invite participants to the conference. The most convenient way to do this is by sending an invitation link:
In the main event window, click on «Participants».
Then go to the «Invite» tab
Select «Copy URL».
Send the link copied to the clipboard to everyone who should participate in the event. You can do this via email or in any convenient way.
Wait for participants to connect.
If you wish, you can join the conference without a link by entering the meeting ID and password in the appropriate fields. To find them, go to the conference window at the top: