If you use Zoom to communicate with friends and colleagues, it will be useful to know how to broadcast the screen of your iPhone or iPad in Zoom. This can be useful for various reasons. For example, to work together, show presentations or some instructions.
You don’t need an account to join a conference, but you will need one to organize a conference. So first of all, register in Zoom, and then proceed with the instructions.
- Open the Zoom app on your iPhone or iPad.
- After you log in, select New conference on the home screen.
- Here, be sure to turn on the radio button next to Use the personal ID… and click Start conference.
- Your iPhone or iPad’s camera will launch and the Zoom conference will start. Click the Share button at the bottom of the screen.
- Here, select the Screen at the top of the list.
- Move the check mark to Zoom and click Start broadcasting to broadcast your screen. You can also enable or disable your microphone using the icon at the bottom.
A message will appear on the screen that your screen is being broadcast to the conference, and all the contents of your screen will be visible to the conference participants.
If you need to connect to someone else’s conference, you can also broadcast your screen to it in the same way.
You can also make things even easier by tapping Broadcast screen on the home screen.
After that, just enter your ID and start broadcasting your screen.
Now you know how to broadcast your iPhone or iPad screen in Zoom. We hope this feature will be useful to you.
As you may have noticed, the function is similar to the usual screen recording in iOS.
If you have several iOS devices, you can even broadcast a screen from one of them to the conference, and just chat in the same conference from the other. This can be especially useful for online lectures and presentations.
Zoom can be used for free, but there is also a paid subscription. The free version has a time limit of 40 minutes for group conferences (up to 100 participants). If this is not enough for you, you can sign up for a paid subscription that removes this restriction. There is also an option that will increase the number of participants to 300 people.