Windows 10 is considered to be the most common operating system today, so PC software developers produce a wide variety of software for it. Zoom, a program for online communication and remote conferencing, is no exception. The platform is widely used in the field of online training and business meetings, which are held in the form of video conferences, but it is also used for ordinary friendly gatherings. To get access to the wide functionality of the application, you need to figure out how to download Zoom Cloud Meetings for Windows 10. This, as well as the nuances of use and detailed audio and video settings, will be covered in our material.
Installation of the program is simple to the point of ugliness. All you need to do is follow the 4 simplest steps:
- Find the “Download Zoom for Windows 10” button located at the bottom of the article
- Click on it and go to the page that opens
- Click on the “Upload” button.
- Open the downloaded file
The installation process will start, which will last a couple of seconds. After the installation is complete, the app will open automatically. All subsequent times to open it, you will need to go to the start menu, find Start Zoom there and click on it, or add the program icon to your desktop.
After the first launch, you need to make the program settings-adjust the sound, image quality, and make sure that the camera is working properly. To get to the settings page, you can perform the following actions:
- In the lower right corner of the screen, find the arrow and click on it, thereby expanding the Windows tray
- Right click on the blue icon
- The context menu opens, where you should find the “Settings” item.
- If you have a webcam, you can immediately go to the “Video” section.
Here you should make sure that the camera is working correctly and adjust the aspect ratio. There are options such as:
- Enabling HD mode, which allows you to improve the image quality to a resolution of 1280X720 pixels.
- Video display in mirror mode-enable or disable the mirror effect
- Correction of the user’s appearance (remove defects, smooth out facial features, etc. by using automatic software processing).
- Switch to advanced settings by using advanced features such as hardware acceleration, noise reduction, and so on.
- The other items are of no particular interest.
At the next stage, you can go to the “Sound” section
It checks the sound: whether the microphone is working and whether the user can hear well, whether the speakers are functioning normally, and so on. You can also set the desired volume here. By clicking on the “Advanced” button, the user will open additional processing effects – echo, noise reduction, and so on.
At the final stage, go to the section called “keyboard shortcut”. There are various combinations for working with broadcasts-disabling the camera and / or microphone, changing plans, etc.
Now let’s talk about connecting to the conference.
How to connect a conference
When launching the app on a computer or laptop, the user will see 2 buttons. The first one is intended for logging in to the conference, and the second one, called “Log in”, is intended for logging in to the system. We remind you that registration in Zoom is absolutely free of charge.
More features are available for registered users:
- fine-tuning your profile;
- launch your own video conferences (free of charge);
- switching to a paid plan;
- contacting technical support, etc.
The procedure for registering with Zoom was described by us in one of the previous materials.
There are two ways to connect to an existing conference. The first is to click on a link received from the conversation organizer or an authorized participant in the system in any convenient way (email, messenger, etc.). You need to open this link and confirm that the program is running.
In the window that opens, enter the user name and confirm the connection.
The second method is to use the conference ID and password to access it. What to do:
Open the Zoom client and click the blue button
Fill in the required fields and click “Log in”. The same goes for the password. After that, you need to confirm the connection.